Leah Cox's blog of youth ministry in the Czech Republic with Josiah Venture (plus stuff)

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

friends my own age

One thing I've been asking God ever since I got to Czech has been for friends my own age...not that I don't have friends, but I really felt like I needed some Czech female friends who weren't in ministry or involved with church. Finally, this fall I met Jana (30) and Iva (26). Jana teaches English at a school and privately, and every other week I join her lesson with Iva to "help." Actually, Jana's an amazing teacher, and I think the only thing I've helped with has been messing up Iva's blossoming British accent. A few weeks ago, I said "stop," and Iva repeated it just like I said it. Jana yelled, "Ahhh! What are you doing? The word is 'stOp,' not 'stAp'!" We're all 3 very different, but I'm so glad that I get to know these great women.