Leah Cox's blog of youth ministry in the Czech Republic with Josiah Venture (plus stuff)

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Letovice Camp!

Imagine...one of the coolest youth groups in the country plus 2 intern teams together for the last camp of the summer...it was so fun. And it was rich. The Letovice group did a great job caring for all the students at camp. Our prayers for unity among us believers were definitely answered. And two girls, Ilca and Jitka, trusted Christ that week.

The best was one afternoon during free time. I was in my room with "the little girls" (14-15 years old: see the photo below!) and two of them (Eliska and Verca) started asking Maja all sorts of spiritual questions: what's the difference between Protestants and Catholics, what rules does a Christian have to follow, etc...as Maja talked about grace and the Christian life, I prayed for her and marveled at how God's given this 14 year old so much wisdom. It was beautiful, and as they kept talking the real issues came out: if they decided to follow Jesus, their friends would laugh at them and reject them, and they weren't ready for that. Please pray for these two dear girls!


Other Highlights:
*Having to find 8 cups of blueberries per team during the scavenger hunt, and then getting blueberry dumplings that night.
*Shaving "I love Mel" into Brad's mohawk.
*Capture the flag in the woods and knee-high grass.
*"To je Nateova chyba"/"It's Nate's fault"
*The homemade slip and slide.
*Group 3's rap video...I wish I could put it on this blog, I almost wet my pants I was laughing so hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home