Leah Cox's blog of youth ministry in the Czech Republic with Josiah Venture (plus stuff)

Monday, January 09, 2006

women's conferences by katka

"Thank you for a new perspective on some things".

"I praise God for a great and encouraging get-together with other women-His daughters. Thank you, Jesus, for the gift of sharing".

"Thank you, daddy, for your powerful freedom. I do not know how you do it. Please, don't stop!!!!!"
--quotes from the praise poster at the conference


A week has gone by since the women's conferences, and I am still at a loss for words. How do I even begin to tell you about the women who came? How do I describe the atmosphere when we were all in one room worshiping God together? And how can I let you experience the beauty of when God began to work, revealing new things and healing old wounds?

"I am God's daughter" is what the conferences were called. These words hold so much power, and so much is hidden in them. Maybe hidden too well because it sometimes takes us, women, too long to know the true meaning of these words. This was our prayer for the conferences. That women would, by God's grace, renounce the lies they believed, invite God into their pain, and let Him speak the truth! And what happened?

God was faithful! He came for his daughters! God began the healing process in many hearts, including mine.


One thing I also realized as I watched everyone interact. Sometimes all women need is to be together. We need to laugh and cry together. I am so thankful we had a chance to do that; to enjoy each other's company and to share our hearts. Thank you, Jesus, for the gift of sharing.


And God continued to work...I was able to pray with a girl last week. God revealed some lies, and as hard as it was to see them as lies, she was obedient, and took them to God. In her desire to help her friends and to bring them closer to God, she placed herself in His place. And as she prayed, God revealed to her that she was the problem, not her friends. She became "an idol" to them.

"And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross." Colossians 2:15

Again, God was faithful. He came was his daughter. He separated the truth from the lie. He named the lie. He was triumphant! My friend has victory in Him! She repented, and He forgave. He is healing her. Would you pray for her?