Leah Cox's blog of youth ministry in the Czech Republic with Josiah Venture (plus stuff)

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Why Europe Rocks: Reason # 9

the special anniversary church service

this actually took place in the fall, but I was going through my old papers and found where I wrote this down on the back of a train schedule. I guess that makes this ipso facto...or is it quid pro quo...uh, whatever, old news

Imagine this: you're in a packed church, and because you're late you end up sitting way on the side, up in the balcony where you really can't see anything except the squirmy 6 year old in front of you. It's a sign: today's a day of celebration, which means that you're really wishing you'd eaten breakfast because today's service is going to be longer than normal.

Order of events:
our church band--3 songs
our choir--2 songs
prayers
sermon # 1--our pastor
choir from our sister church in Slovakia--2 songs
Slovak youth choir--2 songs
sermon #2 (actually, I'm not sure if this was a real sermon, or a testimony that turned into one)
sermon #3--Slovak pastor
Slovak youth choir--2 songs
sermon #4--or was it a testimony?
Slovak choir-1 song
sermon #5--children's sermon

...that's all I have written down, but since it's unlikely we ended that way, I think there were probably prayers and a hymn at the end too. It's funny, because now when I got to church in the States I end up with this faint feeling of "what? is it over already?"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home