Leah Cox's blog of youth ministry in the Czech Republic with Josiah Venture (plus stuff)

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Why Europe Rocks: Reason #15

It's a Pedestrian's Life

Before walking to the restaurant:


After walking to the restaurant:


I love walking. I think so much differently about time, speed, weight and distance now that I've been here a while...you know, the physics of walking. For example, the time it takes me to get from my grocery store, Billa, to my apartment is directly related to the weather, the amount of and distribution of groceries I'm carrying, if it's evening or day.... Also, unfortunately, the time it takes me to walk somewhere usually gets telescoped in my mind, and distances that are actually pretty substantial don't seem like much in the moment, specifically, in the moment when I'm explaining to my mom and aunts where the restaurant is and that "it's close." So when I took them to the restaurant on Petrin in Prague, I didn't expect it to be so, um, far. Or so steep. And because they're doing recontruction on the cable car that goes right to the restaurant, there was a lot of mud. And afterward, on the way down, it started to rain on us and our cute outfits, so we took a tram and the metro back to our hotel. But, like all of our misadventures during the trip, it ended up being a funny story...right, guys?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home