Leah Cox's blog of youth ministry in the Czech Republic with Josiah Venture (plus stuff)

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Why Europe Rocks: Reason #20


Wishes and Kisses

2/16 was the biggest party our Svibice apartment has seen: about 23 people came and celebrated my (1/16), Lucka's (2/16) and Daniela's (3/18) birthdays. One great thing about birthdays in Czech is that you get kissed (ha! that's right!) and wished. What? you might ask. Okay, I esplain it to you (Italian accent lapse, sorry...see above). When it's your birthday, Czechs come to you, shake your hand, kiss your cheek and wish you something. For example: "I wish you much peace, health and love in the next year." It's really nice. I especially like being wished lots of love. But in my first few years in Czech, I was weirded out by relative strangers kissing my face. Now, however, it's par for the course and I've even learned how to dodge unwanted lips.

So, I wish you much health, peace and mainly LOVE in the following year!

xoxoxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Kiss yes, as long as they don't blow in your face or touch the nose, huh...

6:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home