Leah Cox's blog of youth ministry in the Czech Republic with Josiah Venture (plus stuff)

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Why Europe Rocks: Reason #26

CESKY TESIN!!!

Don't get me wrong, but as excited as I am about Strakonice, it's not without sadness that I leave beloved CT...so here's a small tribute to my dear border town...

Why CT Rocks:
* Poland. Did you know that from my apartment complex to the border is a 20 minute walk? And that the Polish side has better clothing and sales? And that Auschwitz and Krakow and other interesting places are less than 2 hours away? Yep, it's true, and it makes me want to say "To jest ganz gupy ze niebeidem bydlet uz u Polska."



* Svibice. Okay, it's ghetto. But it's cheap and no one hastles us about noise because everyone's so loud here. & I'll miss being able to smell in our bathroom what our neighbors are having for lunch, hearing the train brakes screeching, being woken up on weekends by the kid downstairs (or by the guy upstairs vomiting, that happened again this morning, ugh!), or watching all the little kids play outside or hearing male shouts all over the complex when Czech scores a goal.



Lu and Jitka being girlie



* Our camp office culture. I'm going to miss riding to work in the office with Lu, listening to Nate's (above) stories and thoughts (even more than once, my seal brother! :), Jewish rap and random dance parties, morning prayers with Greg and Brad, students dropping by, rohliky lunches, tears, death house, jumping out the window threats, watching people on the square...*sigh*



* Most of all, the CT crew. This includes our church and youth group, students and friends, and most of all Lucka & Daniela & Jitka & the boys & the Ellenwoods (above, the E-wood babes, Hayley, Amy and Hannah). I know I'll see you guys, hopefully once a month, but I really love you so much and it'll be sad not to live day to day life with you. I am so thankful for you!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home