Leah Cox's blog of youth ministry in the Czech Republic with Josiah Venture (plus stuff)

Sunday, June 24, 2007

East meets West: moving my stuff to Strakonice


Natey and the bros from Brad's intern team (Ryan, Jesse and Jozka) helped carry all the heavy stuff to Lucka's dad's trailer early Wednesday morning. What nice young men! They may look like ruffians, but it's all a facade. Mr. Zagora, Luc, Jitka, Daniela and Natka and I then made the 8 hour trip across Czech and our Westside peeps helped us carry stuff to my new digs.


Since unloading took about 2 minutes, we decided to go to the center for ice cream. Here we have the Cesky Tesin foxes, Strakonice babes, & Pisek cakes (buchty, it's what you say in Czech): Alca, Jana, Natalka, Jitka, Martina, Marta, Radka, Lucka, ma, Daniela, Lucka and Pavel (not a girl) in the back.


Hanging out at the downtown market together, pounding the slurpees--it was a super hot day. But also one of the most important days of my life. I am so thankful for all the friends (such a weak word! They are so much more than that) that God's given me, and I'm unspeakably thankful to get to be a part of His movement here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger A.PETH said...

leah!!
How exciting for you! Even though I'm moving in 2 months and reality hasn't set in yet...I'm pretty sure I'll know how you feel moving so far away from family/friends...but...God is totally going to use this new time in your life!! :)
I can't wait to hear about it....

Btw...I was listening to Rianna's "SOS" song and totally thought of you, me, and lucka jamming in the car at 1:00 in the morning :)

miss ya!

11:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog, L.

--Fritz

10:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home