Leah Cox's blog of youth ministry in the Czech Republic with Josiah Venture (plus stuff)

Sunday, September 16, 2007

childhood crushes

As Lucka and I were listening to a little Eminem in the car, I started thinking about all the boys--famous, fictional and furry--that I loved during my girlhood. So here's a little shout out to the fellas that made my heart warm with affection:


Oscar the Grouch. Even though he was crabby, I saw that underneath it all was a heart of gold.


The Greatest American Hero. I don't know what it was about him...maybe the hair. And the song. (Hey, who is that girl hanging on his shoulder, anyway?)


Oh, Michael! Billie Jean was my favorite song when I was in the 3rd grade, and my friend Jenny and I called him "the white knight" (????) and made up stories about his adventures, mostly, how he rescued us. I tried to look up his number in the phone book, and right before I dialed my mom told me that he didn't live in the Quad Cities. *sigh*


Pee Wee. Normally I'd be a little embarrassed to admit that I thought he was so cute, but I know Heidi O will back me up. There's something about a guy with a sense of humor: "I know you are but what am I?" "I don't make monkeys, I just train them!" "Dotty, there are things about me you wouldn't understand...things, you couldn't understand...things, you shouldn't understand" (saaaad...)


Mike Seaver from Growing Pains...eeeeee!!!! Nuff said!


Corey Haim (right)...I think it was the baby face, and his line "Death by stereo" from The Lost Boys.

Actually, as I think about this list (and the expanded version, with River Phoenix and Michael Hutchence from INXS, etc) it's sad to think about where these guys are today...I think Oscar and Kirk have fared the best. I seriously can't avoid moralizing, so here it is: Charm (dancing, singing, humor) is deceitful and beauty (button noses and curly hair) fades. The End.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sista! I could've written that list for you word for word! Either you are predictable or I just know you that well, :)! I love you Leah!

5:35 AM

 
Blogger H said...

This just makes me crack up because it's so you.

3:48 AM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

Oh Coxy, I am glad you gave a shout out to P.W. "Everyone I know has a big but, let's talk about your big but..." Genius, pure genius.

5:37 AM

 
Blogger nate hughes said...

I think that if you added all those guys up into one person that it would be me...seriously, think about it...

11:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha the Michael Jackson one is funny! "-riiing- "is this Michael Jackson?" xD! i still think Michael is awesome. porr guy has been through rough times though.

7:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home