Leah Cox's blog of youth ministry in the Czech Republic with Josiah Venture (plus stuff)

Friday, April 01, 2005

Spring Girls' Conference!!!

April 22-23. Hotel Malenovice. 120 girls and young women. One day. Ahhhh! The title of the conference is "Spring Awakening" (Jarni probuzeni). Amy Ellenwood, the main speaker, will be talking about freedom: getting free from lies (especially satan's lies about who we are), believing truth and living free in our relationships.

On one hand, this is a pretty small, simple thing...24 hours, a bunch of girls, no problem. BUT, Amy and the seminar speakers are all essentially talking about freedom, and you know the enemy of our souls would love to distract and destroy in any way he can. Our desire for this confrence is that it would be a spiritual marking stone in each of the girls' lives...that they'd be set free from lies and sin, that they'd encounter the Lord Jesus in ways they hadn't known him before, that they'd love him more...he loves them so much, and they have to know that. Man...all I want is to see young women all walking free and tall, secure in who we are in Christ, believing Him, being instruments for grace and healing and truth to those around us.

Some ways that you can pray are:
*Please pray for protection and the leading & empowerment of the Holy Spirit for Amy (the main speaker) and Tamara (leading worship) and her band and the seminar speakers (Agnes, Pavlina, Sonja, Hanka, Marnie) and for Katka and I. This month is especially intense for Katka, who's in the midst of moving and has been handling a lot of details. Please pray for her!!!

*My mom and I were praying on the phone a few weeks ago, and one of the things she prayed was that there'd be a safe atmosphere during the weekend...please pray for that with us, that the young women there would create a spiritual synergy that the Lord would use to spur us all on to love and good deeds, that we'd be able to throw off everything that entangles and hinders and are cheered on by the great cloud of witnesses...please pray that they'd come with prepared hearts.

*For me, personally...I know how I get when I'm stressed out with details, and I really wanna have everything prepared so that during the conference I can focus on people. For sure, things will come up, but I just wanna be peaceful and present during the conf, and not wigged out and distracted and unable to interact normally.

Praise God for:
*Katka for her hard work and creativity and partnership. She's a gem! Without her, this conference would not be. She's been so responsible and fun to work with. For Amy and her encouragement and truth-speaking and guidance...I'm so grateful! For Agnes' ideas and enthusiasm. For Cassie and Connie and Andrea and Laura, who were important encouragers at the JV women's retreat.

*Putting it on some hearts to give towards this!

*All the biggest details are done!!!! WHOOO HOOO!!!

Thank you again for joining with us in praying for this! I am SO THANKFUL for you!!! May God bless you all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leah,
I am not used to these sites or chat rooms, so I left my message on the other comment site. Feb site I believe, but you'll recognize me. Love, J

8:45 PM

 
Blogger Leah said...

oh, yes I know who you are JA!!! B/c you're also the one who makes good spice cakes with fake egg products. :) miss you!!!

4:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home