Leah Cox's blog of youth ministry in the Czech Republic with Josiah Venture (plus stuff)

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Berg Girls in Czech


The Three Sisters at the Well of the Three Brothers in Cieszyn, Poland...check out that Paris Hilton, baby! The girls were here from August 9- 18 and we had a ball in Prague, Cesky Tesin, Frydlant, Krakow.









One thing that I really wanted was for my mom and aunts to be able to meet some of the important people in my life...here we are in Ebles cafe in Prague with Trevor and Cassie and Radka. In February during a camp training weekend, Romana had drawn out her discipleship web...those who had influenced her and those she influences. That got me thinking about those who have influenced me and the people who have influenced them. Aunt Sandy became a believer in the mid 70s and Aunt Barb and mom became Christians a couple years later, due to her witness. In 1979, I first prayed with Mom and asked Jesus to live in my heart. Having the three of them here was rich for me, connecting my godly heritage with the ministry I get to be involved in today. I loved having you here, Mom, Aunt Sandy and Aunt Barb (Basia:)!!!


At the party of the year at the Ellenwood's house. Nate's family was also in Cesky Tesin at that time, so we had the historic Meeting of the Moms: Janet Cox, Laura Hughes and Eva Zagorova. For over a year now, we have taken the junior high "your mom" jokes to a new level by referring to each others' mothers by name. (For example: Me: "This song stinks, who sings it?" Nate: "Janet.") It's all done in love, of course, and because of talking about Laura all year I felt very close to her when I met her. I think everyone felt the same about my mom, too, as well as being curious if my impressions of her were accurate ("Does her voice really sound like that?") I love you Mom!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home