Leah Cox's blog of youth ministry in the Czech Republic with Josiah Venture (plus stuff)

Sunday, June 24, 2007

my new apartment!


bedroom


living room


kitchen, almost ready


the shower room, with the euro swinging faucet

This beautiful apartment fell into my lap. When I was visiting Alca and Martin in the winter, they told me one apartment was free and that the owner (the famous Mr. Divis) was renovating it. I was crazy about it the first time I saw it, especially the big kitchen and the location (close to the center and the Pospisils!) And I got to know Mr. Divis through dear Ruth (who hooked the Pospisils up with living there) and he was agreeable to having me live there. It's amazing. Finding an apartment had worried me in all of this, and the Lord took care of it before I even had time to really stress. And it's so perfect!

For the time being, I'll be living alone. That's unusual. Since college, I've had 24 different roommates. Yep, I counted. 24. On one hand, I worry about living alone, that I'll get all uptight and stuck in my ways, and lonely. But on the other hand, I really want to be able to serve people with this apartment; I want it to be a place of peace and joy where people feel loved. I think that for now, living alone will give me more space (physical and emotional) to be able to do that.

So...come visit me!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great apartment. I rejoice with you. Yeah God for giving my friend Leah such a clean and exciting new place to call home. Glad all your stuff is there and you can start nesting into a new life. We're so proud of you!
Andrea Pitcher

9:27 PM

 
Blogger Amy Lawlor said...

LOVE YOUR NEW PLACE!!!!! oh leah cox i want to come visit you and see your new world. crazy excited for this new season and all the joy and love it will bring. you are loved and will be loved in strakonice too. wish i could have helped with the move. really. love you and am praying for you
Amy

7:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leah, how much I love to see God bless you. I like it even better than when he blesses me. (Well almost. ;)) Your apartment is beautiful, and I was so happy to see the tree through your window. I would love to come visit. And thanks for the tic tacs...they came at just the right time. I love you, beautiful sister of mine! Your roomie...(# 12 or 13, maybe?) (Johanna)

7:59 PM

 
Blogger nate hughes said...

rad place!

8:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sweetie,IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Love you!!! Am praying!!!!

6:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home