Leah Cox's blog of youth ministry in the Czech Republic with Josiah Venture (plus stuff)

Friday, May 23, 2008

English club Strakonice 14. 5. 2008 (with subtitles!)

May 14
English club
Strakonice

Leah:
Every Wednesday we have English club here in my apartment and it’s super. We want to keep in contact with students from camp and we want to not only maintain these relationships but also show them more and more who Jesus is.

communication game ☺

Martin:
I hope to see more young Christians here who serve God. I would like to see us get together in small groups and see all generations together; to have church services here…. that we would be like a big family. Lately, I've been thankful that people are finally beginning to understand what I’ve been experiencing. I’m glad that we could step into the situation here and start to change and create things.

Jozef:
I come to English club so that I can keep up these relationships with students from English camp, or from our Pisek youth group. They’re all a part of our Strakonice youth group, which meets formally, informally—mostly informally. But, there’s life here, where Christians and non-Christians live together and influence each other.

Alca:
Recently I sense a need for us to focus on caring for the students individually. It happens in some ways, but kind of randomly and not systematically. For example, there are many students that I’m not able to say have any kind of quality care, and I would love to see that change and for us to focus on that.

What’s happening in Strakonice
Find it on our church website
www.elimpisek.cz

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

I miss you, Czech Leah! I hope that you are having a great summer! With love, Slovak (now Kazak) Leah

7:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home