Leah Cox's blog of youth ministry in the Czech Republic with Josiah Venture (plus stuff)

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Why Europe Rocks: Reason #18


IKEA. Here's Heidi, Daniela, Breanne and her sister Leah at the Ikea in Ostrava. There's a million things I could write to express my love for Ikea, where to begin?...a sonnet, or hiaku...

Oh Ikea, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways!
I love thee for thy scratch and dent section, for the Poang design, for the sounds of children playing, for thine Swedish meatballs.
I love thee for thy primary colors and thy never-wrong instructions.
Ikea Ikea thou art to me, as a Swedish (sweetest) symphony,
of plastic trays and and a guided maze, through all that which is Ikea.

EEE-kay-Uh!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Fantastic Poem, Czech Leah! I am missing those days of walking through the Bratislava IKEA and getting a hot dog and a Pepsi for 30 Krowns..... I am always encouraged to read about what your doing with women's ministry in Czech. You are incredible and I miss you!!

3:14 AM

 
Blogger Leah said...

Leah! It was so fun to have you here! Soon you'll get your sister back...and I'm already not dealing well with Breanne leaving. I think my sorrow will result in a po-em...

5:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home