Leah Cox's blog of youth ministry in the Czech Republic with Josiah Venture (plus stuff)

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Josiah Venture Fall Conference Sept 18-23


Every fall, JV hosts a training conference for its national and international missionaries and partners. This year, the theme was discipleship. The basic premise was that the source of disciplmaking is Christ in me and the goal of disciplmaking is Christ in you, and dave used this picture of a tree, rooted in Christ with 4 main roots and 4 main branches...well, I could go on and on. It was the most impactful teaching I've heard (Dave's teaching on the Holy Spirit being a close second!). I don't know how to say this without being cheesy, but since that conference I've experienced more of Jesus in my discipling relationships...most of it is because I feel desperate for him to speak and act through me, and also that HE is it, whoever I talk to really needs to meet with him more than anything. And, I love being with my kin from Latvia, Romania, Slovakia, Poland, etc etc etc!!!