Leah Cox's blog of youth ministry in the Czech Republic with Josiah Venture (plus stuff)

Saturday, March 03, 2007

JV Women's Retreat, Feb 26-March 2: Roma, baby.


Some of the JV ladies by the Palatine. The theme of this retreat was taken from Song of Songs 1:6, that we were to let the Lord tend our vineyards *so that* we'd bear more fruit. I expected to have my spirit refreshed by time away with God, but the beauty of Rome--from the balmy weather to the lush green foliage to amazing food to indescribable art and architecture--unexpectedly feed deep, hungry places in my soul, too.

While wandering around by myself, I found this quiet little courtyard shop.

From the left: Laura T, Lauren, Amy L, Amy E, Hannah, Cassie and Laura H's back about to throw coins into the Trevi Fountain. One of the best things about our yearly retreats is being able to spend quality time talking with women I see maybe two times a year. Iron sharpening iron...thank you especially Amy L, Hannah, Kristy, Krista and Cassie for challenging and encouraging conversations.

The Trevi Fountain. I guess if you throw money in it you'll come back to Rome...hopefully that doesn't just count for euros, because I pitched in some Slovak crowns and definitely want to return to Roma. I know blanket apologies aren't so cool, but I'm sorry Rome for constantly speaking in a lame Italian accent! But thank you so much for the best eggplant parmesan ever!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

leah, great pictures!!! i love your blog :) glad i could help with your cagged in experience!!

10:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home