Leah Cox's blog of youth ministry in the Czech Republic with Josiah Venture (plus stuff)

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Josiah Venture spring conference



It's amazing to me how God crafts his personal growth curriculum for each of us, for me. This conference Dave taught on personal transformation and used the lives of Saul and David as examples. I had heard some of what he'd talk about earlier because I painted the pictures for the main room (! you can kind of see some of them behind Lucka's head) and even then I was squirming in conviction. HOWEVER, as is always with God, he is so gentle. During the conference, he kept talking to me about stuff from Rome: me & my judgements (see below). But this time he took me deeper in and I saw the root of that sin, simply put, is looking at myself instead of at him. Huh.

Since conference (like I told one friend) I feel like I have a continual finals week--there have been so many tests, so many times when I have to choose if I'm going to judge or not, look at my self or look at the Lord, give in to self or believe the Lord. I don't know if it has to be this constant, really, if this is a season of discipline and I just have to hang on tooth and nail for a while, or if maybe there's something missing, something I still need to do. I don't know, but I do know that God is so good to me...really, his patience is unbelievable. Supernatural, even. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home