Leah Cox's blog of youth ministry in the Czech Republic with Josiah Venture (plus stuff)

Monday, October 22, 2007

Why Europe Rocks: Reason #29

STICKERS. STICKERS?


My rockin landlord Mr Divis is loaning me a little refrigerator, and when I moved it out of the corner (to make space for the couch! In my kitchen!) I discovered a whole new world...Ferda the Ant and all his friends, and a big dog.


I don't know if Ferda's expression is sweet or mischievious, but I'm glad he doesn't watch ME sleep.

I really don't know what to say. This is not an isloated event. The dresser I used at my first camp ever here was liberally adorned with 90210 stickers (Andrea! Steve!) and I believe an old MJ Thriller sticker. The Pospisils have Schrek on their bathroom door, and my friend Pavla used to have a riske "lambada" sticker on her fridge. I'm not anti-sticker, but I was going to soft scrub them out of existence until the Staz gang discovered them. The joyful cries of "Oooo! Ferda!" made me reconsider, as did the fact that Marta realised that my fridge used to belong to her family and that SHE put the stickers there when she was little. So, the ant and his friends are here for good, until I wake up to little black eyes staring at me.

facebook pics of the apt and stuff: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=61207&l=70ec9&id=867570384

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Just Us - The Carlsons said...

Hey Leah I just read the last several blogs and I just want to say that this new place you have is exciting. You are a beautiful woman of God who pours His love onto others.

I praise God for you and how you allow Him to use you, shape you, fill you, develop you, love on you.

Heidi

6:56 PM

 
Blogger Amy Lawlor said...

miss you leah cox!!!! and actually ferda emailed me to tell me has been watching you sleep. sorry if that creeps you out. it's just sort of his thing ya know. really missing you girls and hoping all is well. thanks for keeping your blog up to date so i can hear about your adventures. much love to you. Amy

2:56 PM

 
Blogger Krista said...

leah, you are awesome! you crack me up with the ferda the ant thing! poles like stickers too... even the ones that don't speak ponashimu:) they put them all over their bibles... it's the cool thing to do... they even stick them on my car when i'm not looking... dan hash has been here too long he sticks them on his own car!

9:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home