Leah Cox's blog of youth ministry in the Czech Republic with Josiah Venture (plus stuff)

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

to the JLP from Czech with fondness

I have a few addictions: coffee, pleasant smells, Full House and the John Larroquette Project. The first three are rather obvious, but some of you may not know about the JLP. It's this blog by a friend of my kins, and it makes me laugh out loud--well, sometimes it doesn't, but if JLP ever fails there're always the comments. Sometimes the adjectives are disturbing (like "supple") and sometimes the content is uncomfortable (like, animal hoarders) and sometimes you can find the a*word and sometimes he goes on about music that I haven't heard of, but overall I laugh just as much as I do at the antics of Stephanie and Kimmie Gibbler.

The reason why I'm writing this is because of a project we're doing for the upcoming JV Ladies retreat, to quote: "We will provide pretty A4 (that’s just regular sized European copier paper for those of you who may not know) sized notebooks for each of you, and we would like to fill it with something that you want to share with your friends. It could be:

A few new recipes that you’ve been enjoying
Some thoughts from a Bible study you’ve done recently
A Bible study that perhaps you’ve written and would like to share
A list of cool websites that you like to frequent
...
Money saving tips
Your favorite list of songs/artists/movies"

A cool website? Dy-no-mite. And then I knew I had to share the joy of JLP, specifically, the Michael Landon post. I tried to contact the author, but to no avail, so if you see him, could you please tell him that I properly cited JLP and am spreading glad feelings to missionary ladies all over central Europe?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am friends with him on FB and let him know! love you leah!!

- Dana

7:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always figured that my blog was somehow huge in Central Europe. :)

Glad you like the site. Sorry about the occasional A-word. I guess it's kind of a PG-13 blog.

2:56 PM

 
Blogger Leah said...

Thanks Danie!

And Peter, great to hear from you, I'm a big fan--I hope you'll get even more hits from these parts. I laughed about the squid painting for two weeks (not consecutively).

10:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home